NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Favorite Weapon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ken

PostSubject: Favorite Weapon   Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Alright, so we have a Favorite Weapon Training Routine. What is your favorite weapon, or favorite weapon to train with? I know most of you are Knife people. Is there any other weapon you like to train?

I personally like the 3 section steel whip. But that is also limited to the amount of weapon sets I know. The knife would be my #2. It is practical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:44 am

I'm still, really fond of the knife. The ring daggers are something I play with alot. I mean a whole lot! Even at work, I have Emergency scissors and I'm constantly spinning them around, trying new cutting techniques, changing directions and flow all the time. It doesn't matter if I'm walking somewhere or giving report, I'm still doing it Laughing it probably looks like I have a nervous habit, but truth is I'm training while working and no one has really figured it out. To them it is just something I do. I guess sort of like people who play with their pens, or maybe twiddle their thumbs to pass time (mine being more beneficial). I'm certain that I average at least 30 mins or more of ring dagger type training every day at work and I have seen that it has really improved some of my knife skills when faced with my partners.

Second to that would be the Staff. I've played around with staffs as far back as a little child (way before martial arts). Always liked that TMNT with the stick and picked it up from there. Give me a staff and I can dance with it, my flaw with it might be some of the footwork to get it up to par with the weapons reach and true abilitiy.

Take care,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:56 am

Quote :
personally like the 3 section steel whip

Ya know, I've never actually played with a 3 section steel whip. May have to try one someday just to see what it feels like. What would you compare it to if you could? I was thinking of maybe like a shorter 3 section staff??? Maybe more pointy on the end.

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:41 am

I must admit that I have limited knowledge in this area. I would compare it to a steel whip. Except less flexible, but with similar characteristics. Like I said I have limited knowledge of what to compare it to. I have played with 2 weapon sets that I can think of (staff, 3 section steel whip), and played with other weapons.

kennon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael kinnett

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:30 pm

I've played with Kennon's 3 section whip a couple times and feel wise it feels like a heavier 9-11 section steel whip and is less flexible.. But doesn't quite feel anything like a 3 section staff.. it's a more unique feel, stiffer like I said..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmarcum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Stick/baton, pocket folder, Glock mod. 23, AR-15/M-4 & X 26 tazer Twisted Evil I know that it's not to traditional, but I can't help it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eric

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 am

rmarcum wrote:
Stick/baton, pocket folder, Glock mod. 23, AR-15/M-4 & X 26 tazer Twisted Evil I know that it's not to traditional, but I can't help it! Laughing

In today's world those may be the modern weapon, but in the future they'll become part of the Traditional Weapons".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmarcum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 am

This is true Eric. I am curious as to what they will be and will i get to play with them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:09 am

In your line of work...

I'm sure you will get the chance! Haha

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ngfamilystyle.bigforumpro.com
Jason_Gilbert

PostSubject: RE: Favorite Weapon   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 am

My favorite weapon aside from a handgun would be the stick. Second would be the ring dagger. I can see the ring dagger becoming my favorite after I develop more skills with it.

Also, I love nun chucks (SP?). Because of their obvious uses and ease of use.

The kubotan is quite nice. Like having the "dead man's hand" at the tip of your fingers.

One can make an effective kubotan with a Sharpie.

I have also toyed with blowguns since I was a kid. Silent death, they are!

Ok, I couldn't just pick one, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapon   

Back to top Go down

Favorite Weapon
Page 1 of 1