NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Favorite Solo Training excercise

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff

PostSubject: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:06 am

We've been doing a lot of favorite discussions just trying to get the ball rolling so here is yet another one.

What is one of your favorite solo (no partner) training excercise? This is kind of a tough for me because I've got a few that I absolutely enjoy, so I'll have to reply to my own question after I think about it for a while.

hmmmm?

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:35 am

Okay, I've thought about it and even pulled out some notes on a few training excercises I do and looked them over and have finally came to a conclusion that what I enjoy are Forms.

I feel that I have some really good forms that develop great skill and I drill them alot. There is rarely a day that goes by that I don't do any form work. I have a bunch of forms but I single out certain ones and focus on them to help develop specific skills. Some of the other forms that I have that I can't manage to work on all the time, I put them back and once or twice a month I'll go through them just for rememberence of technique and application.

Plus, I'm always learning something from the forms. They always offer something and it honestly feels like I grow everytime I do them. Eventually, another light bulb will go off while doing a form and then through trail and error with a partner will I see where it leads.

Forms will have to be my answer BUT I tell you that there are other things that I train that are extremely close to my favortism of forms. Sad Since I posted the question, guess I have to answer it correctly.

(should have probably done ranking)

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:52 pm

I will say FORMS. I am always going back to them and trying to figure out what I can get out of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNY

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Single favorite. Easy. Iron Hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trainingmethods.net
ngstyleshane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 pm

Muk Chong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael kinnett

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:26 pm

I do like forms a lot, but solo I like to practice flow type stuff for applications the most.. I'm always thinking about when I could throw this technique or that, just visualizing different openings, positions, and footwork I can use to exploit the situation. Jianshu has given me such a good perspective of footwork = kills that now I wanna use it and work it all of the time..

My thing is though, I don't like training alone, I always need someone lol.. I love pushing hands, knife drills, that kind of stuff and you can't do that stuff alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngtigerstudent

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:38 pm

I have to say that my favorite is my Iron brom and pole training. I do all three early in the morning and it takes me about 30 minutes. I think that the results are are almost imediate and just continue to get better. You can get the benefits of the workout if you are sick or tired or sick and tired. But since it becomes a daily part of your schedule (like iron palm) you dont ever have to try to fit it in or find time to do it. Also I kinda like the pain first thing in the morning, it helps to jumpstart the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eric

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Iron skills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo Training excercise   

Back to top Go down

Favorite Solo Training excercise
Page 1 of 1