NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fav. Kicking Technique

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff

PostSubject: Fav. Kicking Technique   Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:40 am

If you had to pick one fav. kicking technique, what would it be and why? How do you train to execute that kick when/if you need it?

Simple and direct. Shouldn't be too complicated for even the the most beginning student/practioner to add their part into.

Thanks,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael kinnett

PostSubject: Re: Fav. Kicking Technique   Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:13 pm

hmmm I would say that I have two probably.. One for show, 360 spinning double crescent kick, I train it by just doing it as hard as I can and as high as I can. My other is just the back leg round kick thrown to the leg or possibly the body or head. I train it for speed and power. Lately I've been kicking some thai pads and trying to get good at throwing it in combination with punches, and also a kick combination where I follow it up with a hook kick. It's a combination that fits me well I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eric

PostSubject: Re: Fav. Kicking Technique   Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:35 pm

Side Kick. Back when I was competing in tournaments, many moons ago, it served me very well. The hands setup the feet and the feet setup the hands. Throw a couple of backfists, then all you have to do is twitch the shoulder, your opponents hands would go up, and BAM, a side kick to his ribs. Earned me several trophies with that kick. Very few sounds are as sweet as that UGHHH, when you knock the wind out of someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNY

PostSubject: Re: Fav. Kicking Technique   Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:30 am

Leg kick. I like trying to break stuff!
how do I train it? By throwing it really hard alot, and trying to break things with it.

Its all about angles.

Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trainingmethods.net
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Fav. Kicking Technique   Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:49 pm

I would have to agree with Danny, from my own personal results from confrontations.

I used to do really high kicks and I still like them...they look cool for showy stuff BUT in actual combat, I've found out that kicks to the opponents legs can be devastating. Shots to the knee's have awesome results.

I train it by isometric leg tension training and kicking into targets.

Thanks,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav. Kicking Technique   

Back to top Go down

Fav. Kicking Technique
Page 1 of 1