NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

REFLECTIONS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff

PostSubject: REFLECTIONS   Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:45 am

Thought this would be a good conversation piece.

Thoughout all your years, months, days (whatever) of training, what is it that you miss the most that you don't experience now days. Give details if you want.

Had to try and keep the ball rolling best I could.

Take care,
-Jeff

"In order to have something you never had, you have do do something you've never done!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS   Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:07 pm

What I miss. Really I think the school, my Sifu, my brothers, and uncles have all enriched my life. I do more now then I did before. I really dont miss anything from my past life.

I could say video games. I think I could also say being injury free, I miss that. Right now my left elbow looks like I am trying to smuggle a baseball under the skin.

--ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael kinnett

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS   Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:03 am

Just a few short-term things, but I miss working out on fridays with Kennon. Grappling whatever day, and really beginning to push myself. I've got to get back to that.

I miss doing fu all the damned time.. Seriously, I wish I could do it as a full-time job. Not necessarily pay the bills with it, but someone just volunteer me a check for doing my own training shit.. haha I know, wishful thinking and I'm sure we all want the same.

Not much other than those sort of petty things, I don't reflect on the past much anymore, and when I do, I don't really miss much of it because my life is heading where I want, and need it to.

Ya know, thinking about it after typing this shit out, I have reflected on something lately. A year ago I lost a very close friend of mine who is also the father of my sister's children.. I was telling Kennon pretty recently about how much I wanted him to start training with us, but he had been living in Evansville for several years and never really had the chance since I've only been with the family for a few years. The week that he died, he was supposed to be moving back, kinda crazy but that's the way it goes I guess. Sometimes life has a way of just hitting you in the face and waking you up, after I've walked around numb, dreaming, maybe it's time I lose the feelers and start to be a part of it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:22 am

My brothers made some good points. Thanks Ken and Thanks Mike. Also, I'm sorry for your loss Mike, you have my condolences.

In my opinion, reflections are the memories of the events that make us who we are today and I'm some what proud of how I've turned out, especially throughout the last couple of years. The thing I miss the most would be the family gatherings (aka, us just being together). I trained with some of the best brothers/sisters you could ever ask for and I miss all the sweat, blood, tears (yep, there were those times too) that bonded us together which overtime formed a "real" family!

I try not to be too judgemental BUT I've heard other people before talk about their "brothers" or "sisters" who are as close to them as blood but I wonder if they even understand the term. Through my eyes, I understand what it is to call one of my brothers, "brother" or one of my sisters, "sister"...because we've been through the good times and the crap together side by side, always striving for better.

That's what I miss because now we are all so far apart and as time as gone on, we have all grown, some of us with families and some with jobs. Funny thing is that no matter how far apart we are, or whatever, whenever we seem to get together you can feel the Family presence. Love, trust, and admiration towards each other.

Good times!
-Jeff

PS: By the way Ken, I'm going to quote a rock artist (Rob Zombie to be exact) but "A Little Pain lets ya know you're still alive!" Think of it like that brother, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:40 pm

I do believe a little pain lets us know we are alive. It just seems I have more reminders then most people do. I just realized that the pain I feel in my elbow is also a very large bruise. The discolorization of my elbow, up until now, I blamed on bad lighting in my bathroom.

This family has grown. At first it was a handful, then two handfuls, then we got uncles, sisters, and more brothers. It has been wonderful training with each and everyone. I learn more and more about myself and I am slowly knocking away the limiting beliefs I once held onto.

--ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eric

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Driving to Columbia, staying for the weekend, and overloading my brain training "Fu"!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS   Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:45 am

LOL, that one was rough! By the time the last day arrived, I couldn't remember what all we went over the 1st day!
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS   

Back to top Go down

REFLECTIONS
Page 1 of 1