NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 am

It is that time again! Time for the 3rd annual NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP of 2008 located here in Columbia, Kentucky. Sifu Eckart and I have discussed the details and have scheduled this for Oct. 25-26. As always, we strive to better each BootCamp experience and this year will be no different! For some of you who have never attended, here's some information about it...

Since 2005, Sifu Eckart and I have scheduled the "Ng Family BootCamp" each year, which incorperates individuals/practioners getting together for a fun filled weekend of non-stop martial arts activities.
What is the Ng Family BootCamp exactly? Well, it is what is! A type of BootCamp that reflects and mirrors Great GrandMaster John Ng's teaching methods of martial arts training with practical application as passed on by my teachers Grandmaster Tim Pickens and Master Ricky Pickens. Practioners get together and bond together as a "family" in order to accomplish grueling exercises/regimens that produce physical and mental endurance/toughness. The BootCamp is geared towards the Ng Family's curriculum of training and our goal has always been to establish a family type atmosphere during the event as well as expose some of the great material that the Ng Family Style holds.

Some of the events that take place during the weekend:
Group Training (traditional along with modern principles)
External/Internal Conditioning
Self Defense/Combat Applications
Qi Gong practice
Demo's
Weapon Training
1 on 1 specialized training
Workshops
and etc. are just a few events that take place throughout the two days. Not to mention all the great Food that will be prepared for every meal!!! (For those that have came down the past two years, you have to absolutely love the meals...I know I did!)

As a side note: This year, Master Ricky Pickens and GrandMaster Tim Pickens (Ng Family Style and Authors for numerous martial art scripts) have agreed to do a workshops during the BootCamp! One on the use of Qi and Vibrational Energy for the healing aspects of yourself and others and the other on Six Harmonies Drunken Boxing applications/therories/concepts. These workshops will be offered for merely $15 per individual per workshop! Unlike some, we believe that any knowledge that helps mankind doesn't need to be accessable for only the wealthy! A $15 charge still needs to be applied for attending their workshop due to both of their time and effort in helping us out this year. (I've had some request for this material and I am grateful that both brothers have agreed to help - it will not be a disapointment!)

This year, the price for attending the BootCamp is $25 per individual. I'm sorry that I have to go up ten dollars than last year, but I'm having to make sure the building and all our meals are covered! Last year, it was a close call. I didn't expect as big of a turnout as we had! Prices are subject to change but I will let you know well in andvance if doing so. Later on I will post more information of what will be expected and some of the workshops that will be offered during the weekend. I hope to see you all there again this year, take care and you may want start warming up now.

Jeff Coffey
Questions? Call 270-378-4729 (leave a message if no one answers and I'll get back with you)

PS: Also, If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns you can post on this discussion board and we'll get back with you. If anyone has any specific material that they might like to see or go over during the BootCamp, let us know and we'll try to work in some of the requests. Everyone, have a great day!

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ngfamilystyle.bigforumpro.com
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:58 am

By the way, no one will have to worry about visiting Shane's "Y" this year! Different location!
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:39 am

I, for one, am looking forward to this. It has been fun for the last few years. Even with Shanes "Y".

ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNY

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:34 am

If no one oblects,
I was thinking of covering some really basic Shuai Jiao principles and then teach some of the Shuai Jiao hidden within the first few palm changes.

Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trainingmethods.net
michael kinnett

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:56 am

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teetsao

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:06 pm

i will be attending. this will be the first year for me, as i am a new ng family student.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNY

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:55 pm

it is going to be a good year there is still even more in the works.

Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trainingmethods.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:52 am

PLEASE NOTE: I edited the 1st entry, so pleace check out the new added info on the Side Note!

Also, since more events and rare material is being offered up during the BootCamp, we have decided to set up an ALL EXCLUSIVE PASS for purchase. Instead of paying individually for attending the weekend and then paying indivual prices for each workshop, you can attend the whole event and have access to every workshp for only $55!
That's three seperate workshops (possible more as the time draws closer), the overall BootCamp experience (Lasting 1 1/2 to nearly 2 days), and meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) for $55 per individual!

Now, if there is a workshop that is uninteresting to you, you can pay as you go throughout the BootCamp. Choose the workshops you wish to attend and pass up on the one's that you don't feel you need. Again, a list will be placed on this discussion board soon, stating all the information of material, workshops, and etc. that will be scheduled during the Ng Family BootCamp.

Everyone Take Care.

PS: Again, anyone that wishes to see specific material/information, please give us feedback here so we can try to cater to all needs. We want to make this an unforgetable experience. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:02 am

Quote :
it is going to be a good year there is still even more in the works.

Danny

Danny, couldn't have said it any better! I promise you all that this year, Danny and I are pulling together some incrediable stuff and it is going to be an awesome weekend! More is definitely on it's way! Keep checking in for updates.

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:45 pm

It has always been a pleasure coming down there. This sounds like it is going to be fun. I am definitely IN. Is there gonna be the annual workout involved this year? It just wont be the same without grueling exercises to challenge the mind and body.

Thanks Jeff and Sifu Eckart for organizing everything. Thanks for your time and effert!

peace
kenn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:26 pm

Ken,
Yes there will still be the annual workout. That is being planned as the basic warmup at the beginning of the day. As the day progresses, that is when the workshops will start. Each workshop is at a different time that way those who take the exclusive pass to the whole BootCamp can get in on each workshop. For those that don't attend the workshops, there will still be other events and such going on. Except for the breaks, there isn't any downtime during Ng Family BootCamp. Never had any downtime before and I don't believe in wasting time. Very Happy

Take care,
-Jeff

(Ken, you and the other guys are going to miss the crab walking up the hill aren't you?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:23 pm

We keep coming down there dont we. Yes, we will miss the crab walk with kicks up the hill! My other question would be is it a "normal warmup" or a Jeff Coffey 3 hr warm-up? This should be fun this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:11 pm

Quote :
Yes, we will miss the crab walk with kicks up the hill! My other question would be is it a "normal warmup" or a Jeff Coffey 3 hr warm-up? This should be fun this year

You know what!? I managed to find a hill! I'm not sure if we will be going over to the park but I did find one, so the Crab Walks have made it back on the list of exercises that might go on that weekend. Never can tell.

LoL, no...this will be a regular warm up! With all the events scheduled, we don't have time to do a 3 hour warm up and then another 3 hour workout. That 1st year it was crazy. I still remember the down pouring thunderstom that decided to come through...since I nearly fell off the roof. Good times!

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eric

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:30 pm

How about some 6 Harmonies material or some of the more "exotic" animals in the system? It might give the students some idea on which areas they might like to study or specialize in.
Eric
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Quote :
How about some 6 Harmonies material or some of the more "exotic" animals in the system? It might give the students some idea on which areas they might like to study or specialize in.

Not a problem Eric! We're working some of the training material and combat applications of the "exotic" animal styles in the BootCamp. As for six harmonies material (liu he chuan), some of it will be covered in my sifu's workshop. It's rolling! Thanks.

Any other request?

-Jeff

Last edited by Jeff on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 am

Jeff,
If it is like anything in the past, I am sure our plates will be full. Exercising, meeting new people, hanging out, doing fu, trying to learn more fu, trying to retain anything we might want to learn.........! Usually more than enough. Again thanks for the efforts you are putting into this.

--ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Not a problem. Always glad to help in any way, fashion, or form...especially if I have back up like Danny, Eric and Scott. Wink

Take care,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 am

Side Note: GrandMaster Tim Pickens workshop on Six Harmonies Drunken Boxing will be a first and last for the next 2 years due to a contract he will be signing with a company on the rights of his Drunken book being published. After this workshop, he will be signing the contract which inhibits him from holding seminars on the material until the release of the book. So, if you are wanting the material but miss this workshop, it'll be a while before another one is constructed.

Also, full information will be posted within the next couple of days concerning times, location, and other misc. info dealing with this years Ng Family BootCamp, so please check in for latest updates.

Train hard, take care.
Back to top Go down
eric

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:14 pm

I want to thank everyone involved for a great Ng Family gathering. The teaching, Instructors, food, and the fellowship with everyone was, as always, the best!
Eric
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:27 am

Thank you for the kind words Eric.

I had a GREAT time! Thanks to Danny, my teachers, and Scott for helping with the programs. If I wasn't as tired towards the 2nd night I would have gotten out there with you guys and tried showing some other stuff, BUT I was exhausted!!! Literally.

On another note, my brother Master Shane Bryant told me to tell everyone "Hi" and he wished he could have been there, which I honestly can say would have been awesome! That guy has more knowledge within his finger than I probably have in my entire body! His input would have been priceless! Next time I think we can con him into making it up, depending on his schedule!

I sent out pictures to your emails. Check 'em out!
Take care
-Jeff

PS: Mike, thanks for convincing me to throw on the padding for the swords. I was a little wary at first unti i got tagged in the head and realized it didn't hurt! After that, it was balls to the wall fun! Ya better believe I'll be ordering me a set of protective gear so I can play around with our sword, staff, and escrima sticks more realistically. Appreciate it brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP   

Back to top Go down

NG FAMILY BOOTCAMP
Page 1 of 1