NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What does survival have to do with combat?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
C. WILSON

PostSubject: What does survival have to do with combat?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:01 am

I am unaware of any martial arts system that incorporates survival into their training, so why should combat practitioners need to know survival. It is my humble opinion that a well rounded warrior (holistic warrior) should train in himself in all aspects of self sustainment and protection. Naturally this would lead one to practice ways of survival. What good would it do for your to fight everyone on the mountain only to die from the elements after you win. It is my sincere hope that you will ask questions, research answers and challenge yourself and me as well with the task of survival arts training. What do you think?

C. Wilson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Townsend

PostSubject: Re: What does survival have to do with combat?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:30 am

Sifu Wilson,
I strongly agree with your statments and I only hope others see this area as important as we do here in the Elite Guard Division. Martial Arts is the art of war and survival is one of the most important yet overlooked aspects of combat.

Thank you for your generosity in sharing your knowledge.

See you soon,
Eric Townsend
"...Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No I beat my body and make it my slave..."
1 Corinthians 9: 25-27
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: What does survival have to do with combat?   Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:42 am

True statement brothers!!!

The amount of information I've gained from you Sifu Wilson has been outstanding. You're knowledge is top notch and I love how you are always striving to better your skills...just like a true warrior should.

Looking forward to our discussions and more hands on material you offer.

Take care,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C. WILSON

PostSubject: Re: What does survival have to do with combat?   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 am

Sifu Coffey,

Trust me i have plenty of hands on for your guys, especially when we get the chance to cover this material, and the boot camp material will be awesome. thanks man and hope you are having a good day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: What does survival have to do with combat?   Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:33 am

Good deal brother. I'm looking forward to it.
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does survival have to do with combat?   

Back to top Go down

What does survival have to do with combat?
Page 1 of 1