NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Intro Post

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shane Bryant

PostSubject: Intro Post   Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:15 am

My name is Shane Bryant. When Brother Jeff first started this forum, I did not post an introduction because I thought that I knew everyone who practiced this system. But, from all of the posts that I have been reading, I realize that there are a lot of new faces since I left Kentucky and my teachers 2 1/2 years ago and maybe I should introduce myself.

I have been training in the Ng Family System for a little while now and learned some very cool things. My Sifu is Master Tim Pickens. I am also a Baguazhang (and other stuff) student of Master Rick Pickens. I spent some time with Great Grandmaster Ng and Master Frank Sexton once a month for about a year in, I think, about 2005-2006.

A couple of years ago, I moved to New Orleans, LA with my wife because she began working on her PhD at a school here.

Sadly, I wasn't able to make it to the boot camp this year because I work a full-time job in law enforcement during the day and I go to law school at night. I really wish I could have been there because I miss my teachers and brothers often.

This forum, the website, and the bigger, better boot camps you guys are throwing every year are really positive steps, in my opinion, for our system. I'm proud, as always, of my martial heritage and family.

Shane

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Townsend

PostSubject: Re: Intro Post   Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:35 am

We miss you brother! Wish you could've been there too. We are all proud of your decision to go to law school! Remember when we use to spend all night in the University of Kentucky Library researching and applying the laws of physics to our martial arts? You were always so intent on studying, it is not surprising that you are in law school! Best Wishes!

"...Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No I beat my body and make it my slave..."
1 Corinthians 9: 25-27
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Intro Post   Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:34 am

Shane,

Hello Brother, if case you haven't figured it out...we missed you dearly at the bootcamp! Next time, hopefully we can work something out were you will be able to attend. ( I understand that you are busy with every right to be, but maybe something can/will be worked out)

For those that don't know Shane personally, he has always had the proper mind-set and determination to perfect his skills to the best of his ability within the system. He's a great guy and as always, has been considered a family to me. Without your direction, I doubt I would have gotten to the point that I'm at today...Thank you Brother.

Hope all is going well and I'll talk to you again soon. Glad to have you here! You're experience will greatly be appreciated!!!

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intro Post   

Back to top Go down

Intro Post
Page 1 of 1