NG FAMILY STYLE COMBAT

Discuss John Winglock Ng's Family Style of Practical Combat Applications, Principles and Concepts

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hey Guys/Gals.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeff

PostSubject: Hey Guys/Gals.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:32 am

As some of you may have not already guessed, I've created this site and figured I needed to be the 1st to introduce myself.

My name is Jeff Coffey, I've been studying the Ng Family Style for a little over 10 years. I have trained under both brothers Grandmaster Timmy Pickens and Master Ricky Pickens. Before then, I've trained in Tae Kwon Do, Shotkan Karate, and some supposidly ninja class Rolling Eyes (it was as fake as the belief in faires). My special interests within this system of study is learning how to defend myself and my family to the best of my abilities. I strive for perfection in nearly everything I do and respect everyone who has ever taken the time to help me get where I am at today.

I'm hoping to have great discussions with IMO some of the best martial artist out there and hopefully help others on their quest for knowledge.

Take care and train hard.
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNY

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Danny here,
I'm teaching in Muncie Indiana @ Laughing Monkey. You can check out our website here. www.trainingmethods.net and our school forum here www.laughingmonkey.forumsland.com

We do all kinds of stuff.
Traditional Kung Fu obviously, but also, San Da, Shuai Jiao, Jian Shu, Yoga, And other such things.

Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trainingmethods.net
michael kinnett

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:14 pm

Hey all, I'm Michael Kinnett from Muncie and I've studied with Sifu Eckart for 2.5 years and specialize in Crane style but look forward to learning as much as I can from the great teachers in the Ng Family.. Previously I played many sports growing up, boxed for a little while and wrestled for almost 10 years in freestyle and greco roman.. I'm currently learning Black Tiger systems Kicking Crane form and Tai Shing Pek Kwar Jian form..

In the future I hope to finish all of the Crane forms we have and incorporate something else. Maybe snake, mantis, or bagua.. One day hope to work on some monkey and drunken styles as well before I get too old and brittle..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngtigerstudent

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi,

Iím Steve Zavattaro. Iím 43 and a Student of Shifu Eckart in Muncie. I took some Shaolin from a guy who ran a school in my hometown when I was a teenager ( I have since realized the Kung Fu was elementary at best and was of no use to me) I boxed a little while in the Corps. I have studied under my Shifu a little over a year total. I am dedicated to learning all of the Ng family tiger sets and continuing to develop my fighting style and my physical abilities. I have three different Tiger sets now feel like this style fits my body and my attitude. I think that there is no better place to train than with my Shifu and with my brothers in the Ng Family!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:01 am

Good to see you guys here. I know "Air" Kinnett pretty well, he's the guy that flies through the air (hence the little joke) and does all the crazy crane techniques.

As for Steve, I'm not for sure if I met you or not, I think I have but not for sure. I'm awful with names, faces are better for me to recongize. Hope you are truely enjoying being a part of what your sifu has going in INdiana.

And, as for Danny....

Can't forget Danny. He's the guy that likes to smash through things and then clean up the pieces with a sadistic-kinda smile on his face, yet he is the one of the humblest practioner/instructors I've ever met.

Like I said, glad to see you guys here. Now if some of the others would check their mail... Wink

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Hello
My name is Kennon. I train under Sifu Eckart in Muncie, Indiana. I have been studying for a few years now. I have some of the 5 animals, some weapons sets, 3 palm changes of JRQ, and 3 Drunken forms. I truly enjoy training with my Sifu, brothers, and Sifu's brothers.

thanks
kennon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:02 am

good to hear from you Ken. How has the healing process gone? Hope all is well.

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ken

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Jeff,
Thanks for the concern. The healing process is going well.
peace
kennon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rattanman

PostSubject: Hello from Bowling Green   Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 am

Hello, I am Tom Pardue in Bowling Green Ky, and I run East West Kung-Fu here. Steven Onan also operates an East West School in Franklin Ky, and I will be opening a small school in Nashville Tenn at the Centenniel SportsPlex on 3-21.

We also operate the Bowling Green Judo/JiuJitsu Club

I studied with Dr Ng in the mid 70s, and have acheived all my ranks from the Ng Family System, and we recognize both Dr Ng and Grandmaster Tim Pickens as the Grandmasters of our system.

You can see us at www.sa-ky.com or contact me at ewkungfu@gmail.com

You can also see a video tour of our kwoon, and the upcoming Nashville School at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/eastwesttom

Thank you Jeff for this opportunity

TomP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Master Pardue,

Glad to have you here and I hope all is going well for you and yours. It is awesome that you are opening up another training facility in TN...it is great that the knowledge you pocess is being stretched out for all who wish to seek it. Hopefully you will be having another tournament sometime soon, I have to agree that the last one I attended was well organized, and the ammount of energy in the gymnasium was spectacular. I've always liked being in good compnay with some of kentucky's finest MAist. Good to see you.

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNY

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 am

Hey, I want everyone at East West to know you are all more than welcome to attend any of our workshops and events. you can check out our event schedule @ www.trainingmethods.net/events.html

Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trainingmethods.net
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Hello,

My name is Ryan. I am a student of Sifu Eckart for about four months now. I am in the very begining of learning tiger, I have some mantis, but my main focus of study is BaguaZhang. I am currently working on the first four palm changes of JRQ and the first sabre change. I intend on learning as much BaguaZhang as I possibly can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:47 am

Ryan,
Glad to have you aboard and chattin' with the rest of us. Bagua is good stuff, keep it up. Take care and continue to train hard.

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:15 am

Jeff,

Thanks for having me on here. Hope all is well.

Ryan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Ryan wrote:
Jeff,

Thanks for having me on here. Hope all is well.

Ryan

Doing pretty good. Hope the same back to you. Take care.
Train hard.
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff09

PostSubject: Old student from 1997-98   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:20 am

Hello, I am Cliff, My brother and I was a student a long time ago. Just trying to see if Tim and everybody still teaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff09

PostSubject: We trained in Columbia KY   Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:12 pm

My brother and I trained in Columbia KY, we went to ACHS and our sifu was a senior at the time. He graduated and went to collage in Tennesse I believe. I am not sure of his last name but I think it was Daniel Decaro and Tim Pickens was his sifu and our master. At that time we trained in Daniels basement after school, me and my brother did not get to complete the entire training, we only reached yellow rank then moved away. Now that I am older I want to start completing things, I moved to California and I am trying to find the same type of martial arts to pick up where I left off.
I have a certificate of completion from white to yellow signed by Daniel and Tim but it is in Kentucky so I don't know Daniels last name. White Tiger Martial Arts Academy. I remember Daniel put up a web page for it but I can no longer find it. This was back in 97-98, after training we all would play MTG,magic the gathering or Diablo on the PS1.
Thank you for your time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:24 am

Cliff,
I also trained in Daniels Basement. I'm one of his former students from the beginning up til he left out for college at Western Kentucky. I then, begged, begged Grand Master Pickens to take me in and teach me since he was at the time retired. After talking with him, he decided to do so and then it's been going every since then.

Your name sounds familar and I might know you but I'm not for sure. I trained beside Anthony Curry, who did Tiger style, his cousin, another Robert Curry who did Crane, Roger Romines who did Mantis, and a few others. Daniel Decaro moved away to Ohio to finish up Med school and last I talked to him, he was doing well.

The web page went down, not too long after it was up. Scott is currently working on another one and will have a dirrect link to this discussion board from it. Hopefully it'll be up by next month.

As far as finishing up your training. Scott and I are currently working on some informational products that we might be able to help you with.

Hope all is well, and that everything is going good for you and yours.
Sincerely,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff09

PostSubject: Cool, we may have   Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:48 pm

I remember Anthony, he was pretty cool. I cant remember the other one, I dont remember to many people in the class at the time, If you remember me lol i was a fat kid lol. I am glad to hear that Daniel is doing good. I hope everyone else is doing good to, I think Anthony would remember me I think,,, We all would trade MTG cards and i think Anthony had a nice burn deck i think..... I AM NOT Sure lol it has been years. But anyways, we moved away, I lost my weight and my brother joined the army, now i am living in california and he is living in indiana. I have been to china 3 times and my brother has been to Iraq 1 time allready and he mite be going to afganistan this year. pretty interesting lifes after highschool lol. Planning to go to china next year for chinese new year.
thanks for talking with me, I hope everything goes good for you guys. yall have fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:52 am

Hmm, I think I might remember you. I had to stop going to Daniels for about 4 or 5 months towards the end before he moved due to problems, and ended up getting back to the basement a few months before he left out. So we may have only met briefly.

Yeah, Anthony, I, and a few others would set around and play MTG late into the night after practice. I miss that game a lot, but it's changed so much, it's not the same ol' fashion strategy game I remember. Too many rules.

Out of everyone that went to Daniels, I believe I'm probably the only one still training. Anthony stays too busy in Indaina, Rodger Romines made it to Tim's school and trained for about 2 or 3 years but then moved off to Louisville, last I heard!?

I don't believe Daniel is training or teaching anymore. He taught a few classes at Bowling Green, but didn't have the time to train, just taught what he remember. Hopefully that might change but last I talked to him, he was a very, VERY busy man.

Well, it's good to hear from you and hope all is well. Hope life has been good to you and yours. It's good to hear from you. I have an old picture from Daniel's basement, if I can find it I'll let ya know. My email is jeff_coffey@hotmail.com . Take care.
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmarcum

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Hello all. My name is Ricky Marcum. I was a student of Mark Speck and later a student of Master Rick Pickens. I have been involved with the Ng Family since master Tim and Rick opened a school in Albany. It is good to see a forum open for the Ng Family. Merry Christmas to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngstyleshane

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Ricky Marcum,

Hey, brother, long time no see! Hope all is well with you and yours. Happy Holidays!!

Shane Bryant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Ricky,

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for visiting and dropping a line. Merry Christmas to you and may you have a safe Happy New Year celebration also!!!

Take care,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teetsao

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:57 am

i am rodney morgan
i know nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:34 am

teetsao wrote:
i am rodney morgan
i know nothing.

Brother,
I call "BS" on you're part.

Anyone that co-Authors a book and publishes a training DVD on a skill that can be used practically with REAL results = someone with some knowledge!!!

'Nuff said
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys/Gals.   

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys/Gals.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next